Thursday, September 28, 2006

Surrender

Surrender by Marc James

I'm giving you my heart and all that is within
I'm laying it all down for the sake of you my King.
I'm giving you my dreams, laying down my rights
I'm giving up my pride for the promise of new life.

And I surrender all to you, all to you.
And I surrender all to you, all to you.

I'm singing you this song, I'm waiting at the cross
And all the world holds dear, I count it all as lost.
For the sake of knowing you and the glory of your name
To know the lasting joy, even sharing in your pain.

Life is a funny thing. You think that you know what something means in life and then it all changes. We had a college ministry worship night on Tuesday and in the light of current events in my life, the lyrics of this song took on a whole new meaning. I don't know what will happen now. But I have surrendered it all to Christ-my heart, my dreams, my rights, my pride. Surrendering all has taken on a new meaning in my life. It means surrendering more than I ever thought I would have to. (It's still worth it!) Knowing the glory of the name of Christ must involve some pain and hard times but will without a doubt lead to abounding joy. He can have his way, and I will do my absolute best not to question his plans.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

No comments: