Friday, December 08, 2006

Baby It's Cold Outside!

So, it's amazingly cold outside. And while I LOVE winter and snow and wearing scarves and hats and things....it's not snowing at all, which makes this cold worthless to me. And after working at the elementary school in the morning I get a parking spot 3,000 miles away from campus and must walk long distances in non-snowy cold. I don't like it.

I have come up with a way of staying warm. You know how in your closet you have a bunch of cute little outfits....this sweater and that shirt go together, etc? Well I have thrown that idea out the window.
Instead, here is a new method: First you pick out a hoodie and look at what color it is. Then, you rummage through every shirt on a hanger and pull off every one that includes that color. The third step is to rummage through your drawers-once again, pull out every shirt that includes the hoodie color. The fourth and final step...put on every shirt that you just gathered. You can choose whether to do it randomly or to put on all short sleeved shirts followed by long sleeved shirts and then your hoodie. This is a foolproof method. I just need to find a better way of keeping my nose warm now.

On another, non-passive-passive-aggressive towards the weather, note, today is a "sweet" day to work in the Computing and Information Sciences office (pun intended). The women who work in the college of engineering had a cookie exchange a few days back, and we have tons of cookies in the front office. It's Friday, so of course we have donuts (Donut Friday gives a reason to make it through Monday-Thursday). An unknown friend brought two boxes of Mrs. Powell's cinnamon rolls to the office. And a professor just came through with two boxes of goodies from a party with his students. What a "sweet" day. I may or may not need bigger jeans at the end of the Christmas season in this office.

Also, Lynn and I matched yesterday. Come to think of it, so did Sarah and I. Weird.

No comments: